When I FIRST put the USB into the home computer, (XP Home edition) the usual "New Hardware Found" popED up, and the "remove hardware safely" icon appears in the tray, but when I open it in My Computer, (it appears as Drive E under removable storage,) it showed as empty, (when in fact its crammed with homework and newspaper articles,) and when I try to transfer more word documents onto it I get the error message:
"Cannot copy: filename. Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name."
I then randomly tried copying a pdf, a zip file, and a .exe file. Same message for them all.
When I checked "Properties" of my drive E, it said that there were zero bytes used on it, but the entire drive was full.
I tried every one of the 4 USB ports. Didn't work.
I rebooted and tried again. This time the drive didn't even appear in My Computer.
Its a Kingston Data Traveller 512 mb.
It works on windows 2000 at work, it works on Windows NT at college, it works on XP pro on my laptop, it works on XP home at one freind, and on MAC X at another.
It doesn't work on the Windows Home edition Athlon 64 512 mb computer, and it didn't work on our ancient Pentium 3 windows 98 HP.