Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Load Windows

• Please log in to reply

xxfntmxx

xxfntmxx

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I need help please!

i was working on my computer and it suddenly shut off and rebooted. after that im not able to log on to windows. it comes up with the error message
"we apologize for the inconvenince, but windows did not start successfully. a recent hardware or software change might have caused this."
"if your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose last know good configuration to rever to the most recent settings that worked.
"if a previous start up attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose start windows normally"

and it gives the options of
safe mode
safe mode with networking
last known good configuration
start windows normally.

when i choose last know good configuration or start windows normally i see the windows black load screen with the white bars then the screen just is blank and doesnt load windows or anything at all.

when i choose safe mode it loads files untill windows\system32\drivers\agp440.sys then stays and freezes on that.

i have no idea whats going on. the only change i have made was set up a port forward for a program but this happened about 2 hours after i finnished doing that

i need help please
thanks in advance

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
most likely some kind of power surge... happens time to time. Just start windows normally.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;324764
try that..then update your video drivers

xxfntmxx

xxfntmxx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
when i choose start windows normally it does the same thing as the option with start with last known setting, microsoft windows xp icon with the running blue bar then after that the screen goes blank and stays like that

EDIT:

i got it back on windows. i dont know what i did. i followd the link and put in my windows cd and then pressed R to go to recovery then i pressed exit and it rebooted by comp from there and i was able to get into windows again.

i have no idea if i fixed it or just dumb luck

thank you guys so much for your quick help and like i have said before gtg is the best site ive ever come across.

ill post again if i get any problems

thanks again

Edited by xxfntmxx, 21 December 2005 - 01:10 PM.