Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Where to find info

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, everyone.
Thanks in advance for bearing with my ignorance.
I have recently acquired an Acer Aspire model# 1872, AMD K6-2 processor 333MHz, onboard graphics and sound (3D Rage II, and, Crystal something or another, respectively), 94MB ram, 4.3GB Western Digital HDD. Received this machine from a friend for helping to set-up a newer computer. This person had deleted too many Windows 98 files to be able to boot and had no installation/recovery media.
I brought the machine home, changed HDD to 30GB Seagate, Ram to 192 (128+64), installed "slipstream Windows XP-SP2"(eldergeek.com) made from the Windows SP1 cd that came with my Dell Dimension 2350(upgraded to 384MB Ram, 80GB Maxtor + 60GB Seagate, additional 52x CD-RW).

Finally, my question. Where can I find the Motherboard model#/serial# and, the computer serial#, to be able to go to Acer/AMD to find out what I need to get to make this frustratingly slow machine work right.