Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Connection keeps cutting out and many unknown Network Connect

• Please log in to reply

grumpygrim

grumpygrim

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I'm new to this site so sorry if I haven't posted this topic in the right forum.

Please could someone help me? My internet connection (576Kbps not that it probably helps much) keeps cutting out with no reason or warning. I also have many random users appearing in my 'Connect to' and 'Network Connections'. I have tried deleting these unwanted users but they keep reappearing and I'm wondering if this is connected in anyway to my problem.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• helpmeeee.PNG

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If they keep appearing after you get rid of them something is therefore putting them back.

Pop over to the Malware forum, to see how to scan for spyware and what not.

Note though that since you're on a broadband connection you can't be kicked off it and connected to a premium rate number (unless of course your dial-up modem's still plugged in).