Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp and Norton Live Update

• Please log in to reply

roymond

roymond

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi there,

I have been having a problem with my xp recently. It has just started happening that when I try to update, or live update kicks in, my Norton Systemworks 2003 my PC just switches itself off. I have to leave it for a couple of minutes then power returns and I can switch it on again. I have managed to go in via safe mode and disable the live update but this is leaving me a bit exposed. I think it might be something to do with the latest version of update as I re-installed Norton and all seemed fine until the last update then............no power. I have run Adaware, spybot S&D, CWShredder and I have the latest HJT.
I don't know what information you require from me but I am running a legal copy of XP Pro SP2 with a full legal copy of Systemworks 2003. I do have Zonealarm running as well.
Please let me know what other information you need and how to obtain it.

Many thanks for your time in advance.
:tazz:

Edited by roymond, 21 December 2005 - 05:15 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go to Symantec site and download live update on it's own

http://service1.syma...999051911110813

Click install live update for me

roymond

roymond

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Done and installed. You want me to try to update? If it fails I won't be back to report for a few minutes.................

IT WORKED.

Thanks

Edited by roymond, 21 December 2005 - 05:51 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Yes try the update, if you have the option to select the number of updates, remove the ticks from as many as possible so you can see how it does with the least number of updates possible

roymond

roymond

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I didn't get that option but it all seemed to update.

Many thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You will usually solve Live Update issues this way

Thank You for letting me know

dasboot

dasboot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,
New to the site. I was doing research on my system when I had somewhat of the same problem. I had Norton internet security 2005 and had no problems. This year, I purchased Norton SystemWorks 2006 and after installing it, my computer randomly reboots. One time it rebooted and set my graphics to the lowest level. I went to the website, but couldn't find what help I needed.
Should I try to install the live update also?
Thanks for the help. This website is amazing.

DasBoot :tazz: