Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gfx card

• Please log in to reply

rtc_18m

rtc_18m

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i was wondering whats the best gfx card i can get with 100$ i kno its not much to deal with but id like to kno the comp im putting it in is emachine 512mb ram 1.5ghz amd processor

Advertisements

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

i was wondering whats the best gfx card i can get with 100$ i kno its not much to deal with but id like to kno the comp im putting it in is emachine 512mb ram 1.5ghz amd processor

Well what slot do you have? PCI, AGP(8x)(4x)(2x), PCI-Express x16? You have to know this before you get a new video card, and if you have PCI-Express x16, well you are in business. :tazz:

rtc_18m

rtc_18m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i have no idea man how do i find out? all i kno is pci

Doorslam

Doorslam

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Sharkys Extreme has a bunch of prices and reviews of video cards.

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Hmm... Since Everest is not freeware I don't have my favorite program. :tazz:

I guess you'll have to wait till a tech can supply a different program.

Do you know the brand and/or model of your computer or something? I could try to look info if I had that information.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would use CPU-Z, under the mainboard tab there is a graphical interface it will tell you the interface type and the link width(2x 8x or 4x) if there isnt one listed it will be a PCI card you will need to get and thats not good.