Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Buying RAM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ryukk

Ryukk

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Well, after doing as much research as I can, I find out the my motherboard (VIA P4X266A or Intel 845G) supports both SD and DDR ram. So i used a program (HardInfo) to find out what type of RAM is currently installed. Is this program legit? So then I asked around, one guy said any RAM will work on my Motherboard, another said two different types couldnt work together, and the last guy said he wasn't sure, I'd have to read the manual. Since I have no such manual or couldn't find anything about it on google, I decided to ask you guys: Can I run SD ram and DDR ram at the same time?

Edited by Ryukk, 22 December 2005 - 12:15 AM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Is this your motherboard?

http://www.pcstats.c...m?articleID=978

Edited by makai, 22 December 2005 - 02:06 AM.

Ryukk

Ryukk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I guess not, i downloaded the program in your sig and found some real info

Motherboard info

I tried the links on there but couldnt find anything.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Go to the crucial website they can tell you and if you buy it from then its guaranteed to work or your money back.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
http://www.crucial.c.....bo)&submit=Go

Thats your motherboard... Isn't DDR RAM better than SDRAM? Your motherboard could take either. :tazz:

Ryukk

Ryukk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Nevermind guys, i found out the info i needed from a smarter person

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
That was rude, and uncalled for. Our Staff members gave you good FREE advice, and you thank them by implying they are not smart. Behavior like that is not tolerated here. I am giving you a 24 hour suspension. Hopefully when you return, you will behave in a more civilized and friendly manner.