Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD and CoD - UO Mulitplayer Problems

• Please log in to reply

#VCL# Micro

#VCL# Micro

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hey i have just re-installed cod and uo for the 4524948 time. when i go into servers i freeze up and have 2 reboot my pc. cod 2 works fine just cod and uo that stuff up - ive updated punk buster all times ive re-installed and ive deleted all traces of cod when i uninstall. can you guys please help me out?

ive been told i get kicked for packet loss and my ping jumps up 2 999

:tazz:

Edited by #VCL# Micro, 22 December 2005 - 02:34 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you tried playing on different servers, ones with low pings?

try joining this one: Server 3- Call of Duty -UO- #3 NYC IP: 64.34.47.19: 28960 . let me know what time (say 9:00 est) so I can check the logs. This is one of my clans servers. generaly we get great performance and low pings.

if you still have issues connecting to it. try going to a command promt and type the following:
tracert 64.34.47.19

post the response here. I strongly suspect its the servers your playing on but the tracert will help us diagnose any network issues.

#VCL# Micro

#VCL# Micro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ive just tried all ur ideas and i only play on low ping servers :tazz:

ur tracert cpmmand didnt work and when i tried to connect to that server i couldnt see it in my list so i went to console typed connect then ip - i then got error message Could not load weapon file 'weapons/mp/deployable_bren_mp'

i installed a map pack and it still didnt work - i am having major issues now - can you think of anything else?

Edited by #VCL# Micro, 22 December 2005 - 08:50 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go to start run, type in cmd. this will bring up a command promt. then type in "tracert" without the quotes. follow it by a space then the ip address.

tracert 127.0.0.1 for example (local loopback address).

if you recieved a weapons error then you may have downloaded some conflicting files from a another server. I am assuming that under mp options "download" is turned on.

#VCL# Micro

#VCL# Micro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
download was set to off :tazz: and tracert got request timed out 30 times until it finished - do u wanna take control of my pc and have a look? my email is removed email

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
removed your email addy for your protection.

you have some serious network issues. are you running any firewall software?

#VCL# Micro

#VCL# Micro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
no firewall running and that is a non used email dude

wat can i do - i reformatted both pc's and still stuffed
i retyped tracert with that ip b4 and my routers... here is screen (i must have stuffed up tracert b4 - oops lol)

Posted Image

i tried CoD after that and still stuffed up :S

Edited by #VCL# Micro, 23 December 2005 - 07:48 PM.

#VCL# Micro

#VCL# Micro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hello???????????????????????????????????? dont forget about me :S:S