Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

music/video files play as if they are set on fast forward!

• Please log in to reply

eeha

eeha

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When playing a music/dvd/video wmp or winamp play them back as if they are set on fast forward! sometime musics are ok but i usually have problem with video files!!!

I have noticed that even the regular windows sounds such as start up or changing btw users play fast.

I have a Dual amd 64 4200+ system
running win xp pro
2 gb ram
300 gb hd

i have run microsoft anti spyware and norton anti virus but nothing has come up and they are both up to date
pls help

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go, I am sure we can assist you with your problem

i have run microsoft anti spyware and norton anti virus but nothing has come up and they are both up to date
pls help

It is very possible you are not dealing with any bad software.

So open up Windows Media Player, on the menu bar goto -->View -->Enhancements -->Play Speed Settings
You will notice a new thing on the bottom of WMP, you will see the play speed, enable "Snap Slider To Common Speeds". The select "Normal" or you can set the speed to "1.0"

I hope I have helped you solve your problem, have a Merry Christmas, God Bless. :tazz:

eeha

eeha

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hmm,
I feel like there is a conflict of software or something is going on...
i have a sound card in the computer attached to my asus mother board and it wasnt working properly with my speakers so i decided to get my audio extigy external sound card to work.
i have updated the drivers but this probs keep haunting me.
i beleive i have disabled the old sound card!!
most probs occure with wmp and wma format files, maybe they are just not comfortable with my comp :tazz:

I have encountered probs when trying to view videos from google library eventhough they have their own players!!
a few times when shutting down windows this fast play occures when playing the shut down music

wiered huh?>