Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hotmail emails disappeared

• Please log in to reply

mbug

mbug

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The last weeks worth of hotmail emails disappeared from my account yesterday morning. Older emails are still there and I am getting new emails. The missing emails are not in any other folder or in the trash, and the trash has not been emptied recently. Hotmail website says there are no known outages/server problems.

I am missing some important stuff. Has anyone had this experience before? Any idea about what is going on? Any chance anyone knows how to contact Hotmail?

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
are you the only person who knows your hotmail password? And is the password easy to guess?

mbug

mbug

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
As far as I know, my husband and I are the only ones who know my password. It is not easy to guess. I did think about it being a hacker problem. But if the emails were deleted by me or someone else, wouldn't they go to the trash? The trash hasn't emptied recently. It has about 300 emails dating back to October, but none of the missing ones are there.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
have you tried contacting hotmail support? they may be able to find record of the deletion..and maybe be able to find the mails themselves

mbug

mbug

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've emailed hotmail support, but no response. I've heard they rarely respond. Does anyone know how to call Hotmail?