Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Local DNS Information

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

Does anyone here know where the local DNS information is stored on a computer when using XP Home? I think I've been attacked and some of my web pages aren't pulling up the way they should. I am interested in checking the local DNS file and it's stored IP addresses. I've seen this file before, but it was a long time ago. Can any of you refresh my memory? The only information I've been able to find online thus far is for the remote DNS Server. I'm looking for the local list.

Thanks,

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
start > run > cmd > ipconfig /displaydns

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Thanks. I was able to pull up the list as per your instruction, but I didn't find a listing for the web pages that are giving me trouble. I'm going to try some other things and come back to this site if I need any more help.

I appreciate the information. Oh, just so I'll know. If there had been an error on that list, is it possible to make changes and/or delete the list to start over from scratch?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ipconfig /flushdns

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts