Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

driver_power_state_failure error

• Please log in to reply

zzrxox

zzrxox

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i found a very simple solution for this annoying problem,bc i dont want to replace my
KAV antivirus to NAV i looked for another image solution and found this 1:

Acronis True Image

in my opinion great product and doing all ghost is doing

my recommendation is at least to try it i am sure that u will not regret

Advertisements

StephenB

StephenB

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I've heard good things about Acronis True Image as well as BootIt NG, with the latter used by Fred Langa of the very helpful LangaList Tech letter fame.

Smiffy99

Smiffy99

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, if any further proof were needed -

Yesterday after seeing this thread I uninstalled ALL Symantec products from my PC and yep, everything worked fine.

I then re-installed Ghost (From systemworks Premium ) and straight away the problems returned - strange as I have another disk on the same machine which does not have this problem and yet has all the symantec (in fact all the programs) the affected disk has.

Acronis here we come....

StephenB

StephenB

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Acronis seems to be about $50 direct from http://www.acronis.com/. Has anyone seen it for less?

FWIW, BootIt NG includes both imaging and partitioning features in the same package http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ which may prove to be a less expensive option for those wanting both imaging and partitioning features.

j4bberw0ck

j4bberw0ck

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I emailed KAV support today and asked about conflicts between Ghost 9 and KAV5; gave them the URL of this thread. Reply came back within a couple of hours that they're not aware of an issue but will bounce it on to their development people to see if they can see anything that might cause a problem on an SP2 system with Ghost 9.

They acted a bit more interested than Symantec, anyway.

StephenB

StephenB

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Good idea . Thank you for taking up the problem with KAV5. I've almost always been impressed with the smaller companies who seem to actually care about their products and their customers.

j4bberw0ck

j4bberw0ck

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
It'd be good to find a definitive resolution, if only for curiosity's sake :tazz: I'll post any reply I get from KAV. Cheers!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

Acronis seems to be about $50 direct from http://www.acronis.com/. Has anyone seen it for less?

FWIW, BootIt NG includes both imaging and partitioning features in the same package http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ which may prove to be a less expensive option for those wanting both imaging and partitioning features.

View Post

You can purchase it from NewEgg as downloadable software for $33.50 (no box, no manual, though you can download the manual for free as a PDF)

Acronis, will on occassion, put their software on sale...saw it for $30 just before Xmas

j4bberw0ck

j4bberw0ck

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Here we go...... a reply from Kaspersky. Good and quick, too.

<<<<quote>>>>

Hi Mark,

I have had a reply back. They were aware of the problem with Ghost. This has
now been fixed in the latest version 5.0.227 which you can download from:

http://www.kaspersky...apter=146244099

kind regards

ram
Kaspersky UK

<<<</quote>>>>

Looks like that might be it, then. Good luck all, and thanks for your thoughts and contributions. :tazz: ;)

StephenB

StephenB

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm IMPRESSED!!! with Kaspersky. Whether or not the fix works - at least they replied and VERY promptly. I'm downloading it now. Thanks so much!
--
Cheers, Stephen

Advertisements

sfernan

sfernan

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I'm IMPRESSED!!! with Kaspersky. Whether or not the fix works - at least they replied and VERY promptly. I'm downloading it now. Thanks so much!
--
Cheers, Stephen

View Post

Ok its been some time since anyone mentioned the exact error by name. Are we all still talking about the driver_power_state_failure when a PC is shutdown? or another BSOD due to ghost.

If its the dpsf failure, has anyone installed the new Kaspersky and noticed that the problem has been dealt with?

Much Thanks

StephenB

StephenB

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Yes, I'm still talking about the dpsf and, yes, the Kaspersky update has completely deal with the Ghost shutdown problem. I uninstalled NAV yesterday, installed the new KAV, downloaded av updates, and ran a few tests shutting down my system. Ghost 9 and KAV are now happily co-existing. :tazz:
--
Cheers, Stephen

sfernan

sfernan

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Yes, I'm still talking about the dpsf and, yes, the Kaspersky update has completely deal with the Ghost shutdown problem. I uninstalled NAV yesterday, installed the new KAV, downloaded av updates, and ran a few tests shutting down my system. Ghost 9 and KAV are now happily co-existing. :tazz:
--
Cheers, Stephen

View Post

Thanks a lot for clearing that stephon. Can i ask why you unistalled NAV and not Ghost?

StephenB

StephenB

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I had a couple of AV programs, Kaspersky AV (from iolo Technologies System Mechanic 5 Pro utilities suite) as well as Norton AV from Norton SystemWorks; however, I only had one imaging program, Norton Ghost 9. I was looking for a solution which wouldn't cost any more although Acronis and BootIt would be good choices for imaging if I wanted to buy something. I suppose I could use WinXP Pro ASR wizard. Mostly I just wanted to use Ghost 9 and continue using KAV and Kaspersky Anti-Hacker.
--
Cheers, Stephen

sfernan

sfernan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
So finally there might be a solution...i uninstalled Kaspersky completely and re-installed Ghost 9. So far (2 shutdowns) and no problems. I can finally evaluate Ghost 9.