Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dvd ripping program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

computer_geek

computer_geek

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I was wondering if any of you can help me out. I just bought a dvd burner yesterday and I'am looking for a dvd burning program seeming that nero is pretty crappy.

So i was wondering if any of you know of any free dvd burning programs and a link would be good also.

Thanks! Jamie

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Which version of Nero do you have? Nero 7 greatly improved on dvd support.

computer_geek

computer_geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Which version of Nero do you have? Nero 7 greatly improved on dvd support.

I have nero 6 i'm not buying the new one not at $100 dollars

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
ok well try checking out Doom9: http://www.doom9.net/

it's a great website filled with guides and programs about dvd backup.

computer_geek

computer_geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

ok well try checking out Doom9: http://www.doom9.net/

it's a great website filled with guides and programs about dvd backup.

Thanks i'll check it out i downloaded dvd shrink yesterday it works good but I'll look for others.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Something about Nero 6 was kind of flaky. I've been using Nero 5.5.10.42 and have had no problems burning DVDs. You might want to downgrade and see if it helps. Go HERE to download the older version. Your registration information may work since you have a later version.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What is it you are trying to do burn files onto DVD or rip things from DVD they are entirely different things, nero 6 is quite capable of burning and copying DVDs however you shouldnt have a need to rip DVDs onto your PC.

computer_geek

computer_geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

What is it you are trying to do burn files onto DVD or rip things from DVD they are entirely different things, nero 6 is quite capable of burning and copying DVDs however you shouldnt have a need to rip DVDs onto your PC.

I wanted to make copies of the dvd's i have for my dad. So i was trying to find a program and also for the ones that i rent.
Now i also tried taking a movie of which i downloaded to put on dvd by doing it through nero but it wouldn't let me drag and drop it in the folder that it says to put it in which is weird.

I don't know why it's doing that.

But i will try figuring it out after while unless any of you have any solutions.

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
It is our policy here at Geeks to Go to NOT provide any assisstance to any member invloved in or wishing to get involved in the duplication of digital media protected by copywrite laws. This activity is considered illegal in many countries and we abide by that legal decision.

This topic is therefore closed

Trevuren