Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard/Password Problem

• Please log in to reply

Terryr100

Terryr100

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello all...
My problem is that I found after changing my password that I was locked out of windows.
After trying almost everything I finally discovered that as my keyboard is qwerty (english version of XP prof installed) that when I changed my password windows saw it as azerty. Consequently I could only get back into windows by typing my password as if I was using an azerty keyboard. when I did this all was ok and I back up and running with a few more grey hairs!!

My Question is : How do I regulate this so my system understands my keyboard commands when I type in english on my qwerty keyboard? Or am I stuk with it as it is?
Thanks in advance guys

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I'm not sure...

Control Panel>Regional and Language Options> Language tab, ADVANCED under TEXT SERVICES settings...what keyboard shows?

Terryr100

Terryr100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
gerryf...thanks..you are correct...i cansee it is possible there to simply choose between the two options. Makes llife much easier !
Thanks again.

physician

physician

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

I'm not sure...

Control Panel>Regional and Language Options> Language tab, ADVANCED under TEXT SERVICES settings...what keyboard shows?

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;128799
Unable to Log On After Changing Keyboard Layout
This was interesting - not sure if it will help...doc