Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to make a recovery disk?

• Please log in to reply

Tonzurakoite

Tonzurakoite

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Maybe I am way too old school, but I just got this new computer from dell with no software (recovery disks)... just the already installed... WT???? Anyway, before I can do anything with it I feel that I need to make a recovery disk before I(or my son) visit the wrong website! Please someone help me asap!!!!!

Thanks!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Have you contacted Dell?? As far as I know, Dell normally sends a Recovery cd with their systems..

Murray

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I think the Dell software install has become so large that they use a hidden partition on most computers these days.

When I install a new system, I tend to make my own recovery disks with a a disk imaging program like Acronis Disk Image

You can get it from New Egg for $30.

Tonzurakoite

Tonzurakoite

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I spoke with dell and they say they no longer send recovery disks, I could speak to tech support for additional $$$$.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

I spoke with dell and they say they no longer send recovery disks, I could speak to tech support for additional $$$$.

Did you ask about the hidden partition or option to make your own as gerry mentioned??

Murray