Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijack this log, Pleeeaaase help!

• Please log in to reply

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi Guys,

I have been downloading other Mal/Spyware Killers (The ones found at the top of the opening forum page.

One of them (Get rid of Kazaa Spyware) found the following

8 x BonziBuddy.041208:Class ID (Reg Key) Spyware
1 x CWS Reg Key Malware
1 x Gohip Spyware file (file) Hijackers
1 x Kazaa 041209 Settings (Reg key) Spyware
1 x Limewire 041208 Program directory File (directory) Spyware
1 x Lop 041070 Bad favourite file (File) malware
2 x Possible hijack attemps (spyware file) malware
2 x Savenow reg key (reg key) malware
1 x Twain (something, can't read my writing) reg key (reg key) malware

I was advised that all anti mal/spyware programs are different, so it may be better to have more that just Adaware SE.

The other one Xoft spy found nothing.

I do have Limewire. I was once told that it was spyware bundled but then someone else told me it wasn't., don't know what to believe. (I'm not really that bothered about having LW it's more my B/F, although I do enjoy using it sometimes)

You know I have spybot SD, AdawareSE, AVG, CWShredder (yet it didn't pick up the CWS thing that the 1st program above did) I have now also got The Cleaner & The Sweeper (The Sweeper did find the CWS and removed it, but on a second scan with the 1st program above it was back :tazz: ) I have also got Spyware guard. And Spyware doctor (Woooah system overload :thumbsup: ......na it's not funny ;) )

I scanned all these things with AVG and The Cleaner before opening and they found nothing,as I do with anything before opening. (Not that I'm saying that's where the stuff came from though)

Adaware and spybot SD found nothing. And last butnot least Spyware Doctor came up with much the same as The first program above (Spyferret I think) but they won't get rid of the stuff unless you register.

Pleease can you help me for the umpteenth time??

I'll post my log in the next message

Lindy x:hug:

Advertisements

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Ok here it is ;)

thanks in advance :tazz:

Lindy x

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 00:54:56, on 07/02/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spupdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spnpinst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Sysocmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
D:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S10IC2.EXE
D:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
D:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
D:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
D:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\mozilla.org\Mozilla\Mozilla.exe
D:\Documents and Settings\Linda\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.freeserve...rch/default.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ybonline.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.freeserve.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Freeserve
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\Userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx (disabled by BHODemon)
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - D:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Freeserve - {8B68564D-53FD-4293-B80C-993A9F3988EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\FREESE~1\FSBar\FSBar.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Smapp] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "D:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus C44 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S10IC2.EXE /P23 "EPSON Stylus C44 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus C44"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcactive] D:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcmonitor] D:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mozilla Quick Launch] "D:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\Mozilla.exe" -turbo
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "D:\Old C Drive\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "D:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = D:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Media Card Companion Monitor.lnk = D:\Program Files\ArcSoft\Software Suite\Media Card Companion\MCC Monitor.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Search with Freeserve - res://C:\PROGRA~1\FREESE~1\FSBar\FSBar.dll/VSearch.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~3\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .fpx: C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\PLUGINS\\NPRVRT32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .ivr: C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\PLUGINS\\NPRVRT32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.freeserve.com/

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
That is a clean log. :tazz:

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanks Admin,
I thought the entry below was bad cos I just put rundll32.exe when I was searching for programs that run at start up, whe I was using windows start-up online. (When I was checking out my Clean log :tazz: )

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

I tried another place and this seems much easier.

Cheers agian

Lindy xx