Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error

• Please log in to reply

gordobw

gordobw

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I have all of sudden beginning to get this error

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop 0x0000000A ???????? (always some differnt numbers)

Dumping memory

I ran memtest for 16 hours with no errors, the temp is around 80-88.

I ran event viewer but did not see anything that looked wrong, but I would not know what I would be looking for anyway.

Is ther some type of (free) program that could be used to find what hardware or software is causing the error?

The last two times I got this error I was attempting to defrag my hard drive.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
This error is usually accompanied by a file ****.sys, because it is usually a driver issue. Tell us the *.sys file and we can be of more help.

Did you install new hardware? Update drivers? Consider getting newer drivers from a hardware maker website or perhaps rolling back to earlier drivers

gordobw

gordobw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
There is not a sys file name in the error. I am using the same hardware as always. I updated the drivers on everything I could think of, but that was after I began having the problems. I am still having trouble even after the update.

I just noticed this is an old post that I started I have a newer post open as well.

Edited by gordobw, 01 May 2006 - 03:29 PM.