Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD 2 ALPHA BLENDING

• Please log in to reply

Mike1990

Mike1990

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well ive recently brought a new computer wich was customized the motherboard is:

MSI: 915GM-FR

I also brought a new game COD 2 and cant seem to play it because it doesnt support alpha blending is there anything i can do to upgrade my mother board to enable my self to play on it or should i simply just go out and buy a graphics card is so any suggestions please?

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Yes there is. Get an ati x800 of some sort. Look into an x800 gto or xl or greater.

You have pci express 16x in your motherboard so your good to go.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
yup x800s are great, or a 6800GS would also be good. If you want to go all out and get a really nice gfx card you should get an x1800. if you have pci express you have lots of choice.