Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Browsing problem on skysports

• Please log in to reply

jqs27

jqs27

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi,

I've been having problems in the last few days loading the skysports home page at www.skysports.com. All i get is the top banner but the rest of the page is absolutely blank even though at the bottom it says ''done''. It seems it is the only site I am having this issue.

At first I thought the problem could be with the website itself but since this has been going on for some time now I am getting more suspicious

Any help or suggestion on this would be useful

Cheers

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I have no problems logging into the site.

What you should do is empty all your internet cookies, history and temp files, then try again.

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks for the tip.

Naive questions : How do I emty all this

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
If you're using IE... Launch IE, go to tools, internet options, genral tab... Under Temporary Internet files, click on Delete cookies, and Delete Files... Under History, click on Clear History.

If you're using Firefox... Launch FF, go to tools, options, Privacy... and depending on the version of FF your options window will look different... but anyways, clear out all you cookies, cache and browsing history.

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I'm just using AOL

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I managed to get on IE and cleared all the cookies, temp files and history as you suggested.

That said I am still having the same problem on the skysports web page.

Aything else that you can suggest ?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
What is the address you see in your browser when you go to the site? There seems to be a redirect. If I type in www.skysports.com, I get redirected to http://home.skysports.com/.

Maybe it's just a matter of changing your bookmark to http://home.skysports.com/

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Don't ask me why or how but now it works. I just clicked on your link with home instead of www and now it works. Strange thing even if I now type in www instead of home i get redirected automatically.
Thanks for you help on this
Happy holiday season and New Year !

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
LOL!! :tazz: Such are the strange and mysterious workings of the computer world!!

Happy holiday season and New Year !

Same to you!