Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

network probrlem

• Please log in to reply

studioface

studioface

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i am having this problem with three computers at my work place,ok the three of them was infected with alot of viruses and spywares i installed nod32 antivirurs which is a great antivirus and i used clean up software to clean temp files the softwares cleaned the computers really well but when they logon to the network it works fine for about 10 min then it kicks u out i tried reistalling winsock and it dont work i think its a virus on them thats why they are giving those problems and they are 10 computers on the network but some how those 3 didnot had on any antivirus or spywares.
this system are windows 2000 plateform.i would really need any help i can get becouse those computers are for accounts department and they uses software will quickbooks and they have to go through the sever to access the data.plaese i really need some input on this one.

Edited by studioface, 23 December 2005 - 08:21 PM.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hello studioface,

If you think it is a virus/spyware, then you should follow the steps located here.

You could also download PingPlotter (the freeware link is located at the bottom of the page). If you need help getting PingPlotter setup, then use the Guide.

Finally, on the effected computers, attempt a simple trace route to Yahoo.com. To do a tracert: Start, Run, type CMD, press enter; type TRACERT YAHOO.COM

studioface

studioface

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thank you for your help i will try to see if it works first thing monday morning thatks alot