Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Been having problems lateley

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Deathrow

Deathrow

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello,
Lately I've been having a bunch of problems with my system. Everything will be fine, but then I get an error that says I dont have access so and so to whatever program I had running (it differs each time). Then after I get the error, my interface seems to change. The program icons all change, i cant see drop down menu options on anything, whenever i type something it shows up blank, and when i try to shutdown, my xp shutdown menu seems to turn into the same graphics windows nt/2000/me uses. I've used kaspersky, ewido, ad-aware, trendmicro, mcafee, panda etc and still no luck. Bitdefender did find something, but cant seem to delete it. BD found a trojan downloader in the system volume information folder, and i tried to delete it manually but it would not let me. The file i tried to delete is called change.log, and it keeps giving me the error saying so and so is being used by another process and cannot be deleted. Meanwhile I have nothing running but csrss.exe and winlogon, and it still wont let me delete the file even through command prompt. I dont know what else to do.

ps: i also posted my HJT log on the hjt forum.

thanks.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo. Since you have malware on your system, you need to get that problem taken care of before you post to other forums asking for help. Please don't start multiple threads. :tazz:

Just as an FYI:

Bumping your thread will not get you helped any quicker, as we look for threads with no replies. Also, we work from oldest to newest, and currently are working on logs that have been posted three to five days ago , sometimes even older. Please be patient with us. We are working as fast as we can without compromising the integrity of our work. If you have not received help within 3 days of your original post, please make a post in this thread with a link to your topic and you will be helped right away. 3 Day No Reply?

Please be aware that due to the Holidays this weekend, response times may be slower than normal. We appreciate your patience, and wish you and yours a Happy Holiday!