Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Interesting- First Dual core supported game for pc

• Please log in to reply

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Kinda interesting, I got Peter Jacksons King Kong for pc and It is one of the first games I have seen that has dual core support. The game is actually good and I like being King Kong more than Jack. Its still fun when you control Jack also. The game runs real good but I can see for shure that if you had a dual core system it would help out quite abit. Some parts of the game has alot of interaction going on with the ai, many Huge Brachiosaurus dinosaurs stampeding through a valley and they keep on coming. It ran good on my pc with a single core but the ai on this game is intensive at times and a fast system is really needed to play the game.

A dual core machine would help alot because if you had a dual core system the ai would have its own core and the game would run perfect. With a single core processor at times the processor will bogg down in certain places in the game (with any single core cpu). A good video card is also a very good idea.

The high-Res Edition is pretty insane. I just have the regular version.

There is 2 versions of the game.

regular version

* Supported OS: Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP (only)
* Processor: 1.0 GHz AMD Athlon™ or Intel® Pentium® III (2.5 GHz Pentium IV or AMD Athlon™ recommended)
* RAM: 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
* Video Card: 64 MB DirectX® 8.1 compliant (128 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
* Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compliant
* DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (DirectX 9.0c included on disc)
* CD-ROM: 8x or faster (32x or faster recommended)
* Hard Drive Space: 1.5 GB minimum

System Requirements for The High-Res Edition:

* Supported OS: Windows® XP
* Processor: Pentium IV 3.0 GHZ /AMD 3000+ or better
* RAM: 2 GB
* Video Card: 3D 256 MB, supporting Pixel shader 3.0 and Vertex shader 3.0
* Sound Card: DirectX9.0C compatible, EAX 3.0
* DirectX® Version: DirectX 9.0C
* DVD-ROM: 4X DVD-ROM
* Hard Drive Space: 5.4 GB

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI X1800/NVIDIA 6800 or better.

link about the high res edition

http://direct2drive......ion]-Download

Lmao, please dont run the high res on a celeron or sempron with crappy video card.

here is a screenshot of the dual core option for King Kong.

http://img443.images...kingkong3dg.jpg

Edited by jrm20, 24 December 2005 - 03:46 PM.

Advertisements