A dual core machine would help alot because if you had a dual core system the ai would have its own core and the game would run perfect. With a single core processor at times the processor will bogg down in certain places in the game (with any single core cpu). A good video card is also a very good idea.
The high-Res Edition is pretty insane. I just have the regular version.
There is 2 versions of the game.
* Supported OS: Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP (only)
* Processor: 1.0 GHz AMD Athlon™ or Intel® Pentium® III (2.5 GHz Pentium IV or AMD Athlon™ recommended)
* RAM: 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
* Video Card: 64 MB DirectX® 8.1 compliant (128 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
* Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compliant
* DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (DirectX 9.0c included on disc)
* CD-ROM: 8x or faster (32x or faster recommended)
* Hard Drive Space: 1.5 GB minimum
System Requirements for The High-Res Edition:
* Supported OS: Windows® XP
* Processor: Pentium IV 3.0 GHZ /AMD 3000+ or better
* RAM: 2 GB
* Video Card: 3D 256 MB, supporting Pixel shader 3.0 and Vertex shader 3.0
* Sound Card: DirectX9.0C compatible, EAX 3.0
* DirectX® Version: DirectX 9.0C
* DVD-ROM: 4X DVD-ROM
* Hard Drive Space: 5.4 GB
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI X1800/NVIDIA 6800 or better.
link about the high res edition
Lmao, please dont run the high res on a celeron or sempron with crappy video card.
here is a screenshot of the dual core option for King Kong.
Edited by jrm20, 24 December 2005 - 03:46 PM.