Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 Direct X Error

• Please log in to reply

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
There isnt any of the intel GM chipsets that can play COD2 soory for the bad news..................but at least you know wat the problem is.

Edited by daniel_c, 27 June 2006 - 06:23 PM.

Advertisements

dennie64

dennie64

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi, I'm new here, but I may have a solution.

But fisrt; You CAN upgrade a video card on your laptop, I did. I have a PCI-e 16x slot on my laptop so I put in a ATi card.

Over to the (potential) solution:

(Desktop pc)
My video card isn't a big deal, just the ATi Radeon 9250 PCI, but the game runs smoothly on 1024x768. I played this game a couple of times on this pc before I had enough of it, so I threw it of. When I finished Brothers in Arms I wanted to play it again, but I got the famous unrecoverable error. So after googling I found this topic, it wasn't much help, but after doing all the things listed here I started to go tweakin' myself. So, I started CoD2 up (Normal mode, not safe mode) and started twitchin' the graphics. After numerous attempts of startin' the game it still didn't work. So I started to change the audio configuration. I changed Miles 2D to Creative Labs 3 EAX and it did the job :whistling: So my advice, try to alter the audio settings in-game, succes!

Edited by dennie64, 03 August 2006 - 11:01 AM.

dennie64

dennie64

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Btw, I forgot. Why is it that when your rendering CoD2 with DirectX 7 that you still get that freakin' error? CoD1 runs perfectly no errors whatsoever, strange :S

dennie64

dennie64

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Mmm again some strange things I found! Wehen I was checking DXDIAG (For the 1000 time) I saw that in the 'Music' tab all the drivers changed to 'Windigo BT'. I recently bought and installed a Bluetooth USB stick with software from Windigo. Very strange that suddenly my audio drivers changed to Windigo. So, I did (I don't know if I transalte well) System restore(?) so all the settings went back a month and checked DXDIAG again, where the normal drivers returned to there place. I installed CoD2 again, and voila, it worked perfectly! Maybe everybody could check hardware they recently installed and check there DXDIAG.

CCCP

CCCP

• Pip
  • 7 posts
So is it possible to play Call of Duty 2 on my laptop?
There is shown such error: "DirectX Error DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error"

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello CCCP and welcome to G2G!

What are the specs of your laptop?
If you don't know then please download and run SysSpec. Run the file > click on the system button > click edit > click copy to clipboard and then paste it with your reply.

Have you tried reinstalling the game?
Have you tried reinstalling DirectX? (Can be found on the Microsoft website).

CCCP

CCCP

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 503 MB
CPU: Intel® Celeron® M CPU 410 @ 1.46GHz
CPU Speed: 465,8 MHz
Sound card: Conexant HD Audio output
Display Adapters: Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family | Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1280 X 800 - 32 bit
:
Network Adapters: Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: E: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GMA-4082N | F: IL1340Q OHZ143T
:
COM Ports: COM3
LPT Ports:
Mouse:
Hard Disks:
Hard Disks - Free:
USB Controllers:
Firewire (1394):
:
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Product Make: HP Pavilion dv5000 (RE304EA#ABB)
:
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 06/13/06 | PTLTD - 6040000
Time Zone: GTB Standard Time
Battery: High
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 30A8
Modem: HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Yes, I tried to reinstal game and DirectX too. It didn't helped...

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I've looked at your specs and it's not possible to run COD2 on your laptop because it has an Intel integrated graphics card which isn't supported by the game. They aren't supported because the cards don't support the DirectX 9 features required to run the game.

CCCP

CCCP

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Eh, pity... :whistling: Maybe there is some similar game like Call of Duty?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Laptops aren't really designed for games so you're going to find it hard to find decent WWII shooters that work on that laptop.

Check out the graphics cards game compatiblity list for ideas on the kind of games you'll be able to run (link below).

http://support.intel...b/CS-020666.htm

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 11 October 2006 - 04:14 AM.

Advertisements

CCCP

CCCP

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Heh i watched there and saw, that Call of Duty 1 is available :blink: So I'll try it :whistling:

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
COD1 is a very good game, you'll enjoy it.

CCCP

CCCP

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hmm I didn't found if Call of Duty United Offensive is available to play?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
United Offensive is the COD1 expansion pack so it should have the same required specs.

CCCP

CCCP

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I tried to install it, but it said that I must have installed COD first. When I'll download COD1, i'll try CODUO then...