Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 Direct X Error

• Please log in to reply

CCCP

CCCP

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hmm I've instlled CoD1 and successfully played it in internet, but now there is shown note: "CD Key in use. Try reconnecting later." What can be sollution???

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
It's an anti piracy thing. When two or more players with the same number try and play the game online it will block you.
If your using an original copy then contact Activision customer services and they may issue you with a new code. If your using a pirate copy then buying the game is the only solution.

Rick1

Rick1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
plz help if i chanche the graphics in cod 2 i get this:DirectX® encountered an unrecoverable error. check the DirectX® FAQ for possible solutions and ive got cod1 and it dus run perfect no lang and whit nice graphics ive got:Geforce 6600GT
Forceware 91.47
128mb memory
ive got the game a long time now and ive did play it before but then i did uninstall the game and when i did install the game again i get this and before i did got no problems i want to play plzzzz help :rofl: :rofl: :help: :) :whistling: :blink:

Rick1

Rick1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
and im sure ive got directX9 ive plz help :whistling:

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello Rick1 and welcome to G2G!

First thing to try is to uninstall the game, remove any left over files, run a registry cleaner such as CCleaner, restart the PC, install the game and then install any patches.
Another thing you could do is reinstalling DirectX and updating your graphics card drivers. When updating your drivers remember to uninstall the existing ones first.

Rick1

Rick1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:blink: :help: :) i did what you said and it did help thank you very much zeus gb!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :help: :whistling: Thanks

OVERRANDOM

OVERRANDOM

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yeah yeah, I have this DirectX error as well. Graphics card is nVidia GeForce 7900Go GTX, DirectX 9.0c October, and such.

The strange thing is it happened after a re-install of CoD2. It worked fine before. Could some of the CoD2 registry been left over from the previous install?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello OVERRANDOM and welcome to G2G!

Try uninstalling the game, removing any left over files, running a registry cleaner such as CCleaner, restarting the PC, installing the game and then installing the patches in order.

GhostHeero

GhostHeero

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i also have this problem but for me its i can not change any graphic options becausw when i do apply the game closed and a errot message come sup as directx has encountered a unrecoverable error then check the faq for solutions. ive tried everything ive reinstaled the game instaled 3 differed patches of each each being from a diff site top make sure it is not the patched ive used the cc program delted the folder after everthing you have suggested so any ideas

edit- oh yea my specs im runin windows xp home
vid card is 6800 uptodate driver4s
ram 1 gig
cpu os a amd 3000+
ands yea directx is uptodate

Edited by GhostHeero, 10 November 2006 - 08:13 PM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello GhostHeero and welcome to G2G!

Check your event logs.
Click start > click run > type eventvwr.msc > click ok.
Look under system and application for errors with red Xs than happened at the same time as the problem and then list them with your reply. (Double clicking the error message will display more details).

Also try reinstalling DirectX and your graphics card drivers. When updating your drivers remember to uninstall the existing ones first.

Advertisements

GhostHeero

GhostHeero

• Pip
  • 5 posts
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : rundll32: WAIT_TIMEOUT, while waiting for a read to clear - resetting read event.

is the error messeg i got usein the event thing u said to try and i did uninstal graphics driver reinstaled and such still no luck

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Do you have Xfire on your PC?
Have you tried starting in safe mode and then changing the settings?

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 12 November 2006 - 06:03 AM.

GhostHeero

GhostHeero

• Pip
  • 5 posts
yea i have xfire but im not sure what setting you mean and how xfire would screw up directx lol

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
There have been some reports on the COD2 official forum that disabling Xfire allows them to change their graphics settings.

As for starting the game in safe mode I mean start the game itself in safe mode and then see if you can change your graphics settings.

GhostHeero

GhostHeero

• Pip
  • 5 posts
ah ok i did that and its woekij great now thanks soo much