Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant conect pc wit notebook

• Please log in to reply

Tomyxo

Tomyxo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey all, got a litle problem. I want to make a lan conection between my laptop and pc, laptop is this year model so rather new... pc is older (3 years) p4 onboard network adapter.
I tried to conect em with crosswired cable. Set ip addresses but cant conect em... windows say lan is conected on both comps but they dont see each other. on network stats are just sent files but no recieved (zero). My laptop can see pc but when I try to open this folder it writes that I have no acces or some bull*hit like that. I tried to ping em but unsaccesfully on both machines.... please help me. Maybe I got wrong setings in protocols - what kind of should I use or ip addresses...

Thanx

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
On both computers, goto Start, Run, type CMD, press 'OK' and then type: IPCONFIG /ALL - please post the results here by right-clicking on the Command Prompt window, selecting 'Select All', pressing Ctrl+C, and then pasting on this forum.

Basic Checklist for Networking
1. Ensure that all firewalls are disabled for all computers involved.
2. Ensure that all computers on the network are in the same workgroup.
3. Ensure that you have 'File Sharing' enabled - to do this, right-click on any Drive/Folder/File on one of the other computers, and select 'Sharing and Security...'. Ensure that 'Share this folder on the Network' is enabled.

Tomyxo

Tomyxo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I tried to ping em each but four negative answers... All u wrote I already did thatswhy I am confused from this situation...

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts

On both computers, goto Start, Run, type CMD, press 'OK' and then type: IPCONFIG /ALL - please post the results here by right-clicking on the Command Prompt window, selecting 'Select All', pressing Ctrl+C, and then pasting on this forum.