Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero 6 (Big Error)

• Please log in to reply

SJ Danny

SJ Danny

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
At first I didn't know what was wrong with my PC.

PC Problems: My PC would load up and would show a blank screen. Very Slow (Still is) Could only start PC in Safe Mode

I deleted my Nero and now it works, but i still need Nero for burning.

Does anybody know what the problem is?

I bought a Memorex® D2 Dual Format Double Layer Internal DVD recorder, and it came with a DVD that had Nero 6 Memorex Suite with it.

Thanks

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. First, do you have any other buring software installed on your computer? Nero is not compatible with Roxio. If you have Roxio (formerly Adaptech) you will have to remove it. Second, go to Nero's web page and check for software updates for your version. I suspect you will find one. Download it, install and try again.

SJ Danny

SJ Danny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I don't have Roxio Installed

When I first had Nero (On my D Drive not C Drive) I tried to update it but it wanted to update it in the C Drive

The update ended up creating The exact same files in the C and D drives.

After it asked to Reboot and from then on my PC acted wierd.

Then I deleted all the Nero Files and It worked.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Did you get your problem resolved Danny?

SJ Danny

SJ Danny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I guess it works now, How I installed it was when the AutoPlay came up I would tell it to "Install Memorex Software Suite" which installed:

Nero OEM, Nero Vision Express, Nero Media Player, InCD Reader, PhotoShow Elite, Manuals and Guides

A few days ago i reinstalled it and only installed:

Nero OEM, Nero Vision Express, and Nero Media Player

It didn't need to restart, so i updated it, and I just restarted like 20 min ago and nothing happened. I already burned a few things.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Cool beans. Catch ya later. :tazz: