Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Monitor

• Please log in to reply

Steve1087

Steve1087

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yo whats up? I found this site on a search and hopefully you will be able to help me. I don't know a whole lot, but I will try to explain this as best as I can....

Last year I got a Dell Dimension 4700, with the basic 17 inch screen....

I just bought myself a new 19 inch LCD Monitor, and i can't seem to get it to work. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure I connected everything right. (Especially since I read the instructions a million times.) My problem is that the monitor simply won't turn on. After awhile it will flicker on and then flicker off/on a few more times then stop. I'm pretty sure it's not the CPU because when i plug it into the wall with no other connection, it has the same effect. Is there something I can do to fix this, or is it possible that it's just a dud? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU

Advertisements

TogTogTogTog

TogTogTogTog

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
What type of monitor and brand
And the only thing at the moment that really comes to mind is that you might have the display settings set to low. I know that my monitor can't run 620x480 and the screen flickers if i try to force the screen to that setting alos check your refresh rate... But thats the only thing that comes to mind at the moment...