Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I installed a new card and comp wont start

• Please log in to reply

Namir

Namir

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I bought a graphics card a PNY geforce 6600
It requres a 300wat power suplly according to the box.
I followed the instruction put the card in the computer nd then powered on.
For a second everything cameon fans spinned, lights came on. then they went off.

Now that the card is out it still wont come on.

Whats wrong what can I do?

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

check all the connections from the psu to the motherboard, you could have knocked something loose.
Check that the ram is seated and is not partially out of the dimm socket
Make sure the cpu fan is connected to the motherboard

What exactly happens when you try to power on with the card out? does the computer show a post screen? can you enter bios?

What is the name brand and model of the computer or if its a custom build please list its specs.

Rick

Namir

Namir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok its working now, I dunno why I didn't do anything different but what happened was that when I pluged it in and started it began to act like it always did then is shut off. when i tried to start it without it after that it did exactly nothing.

Half hour later i tried powering again it worked. I put card back in powered on it worked. I have no clue what happened.

I whould still like to know what happed to see if I need to take some sort of preventitive actions

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Not sure, it sounds like a loose connection on something, I would run the computer for awhile if problems arise it could be the psu is weak or inadequate