Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keyboard problems

• Please log in to reply

Lisa69

Lisa69

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My old keyboard 's which is a ps2 has broken off into the port. How do I get the piece which has broken off out of the port? I need to take this piece out because at bootup I am getting the OE keyboard error.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Wow I can see were that is a problem, can you use a pair of very fine needle nose pliers and possibly pull it out? Even if you have to pull out one pin at a time

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Rick

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Adding a little to what Doby says... Be sure to turn off the PC, and disconnect the AC plug before doing this.

Lisa69

Lisa69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the info, but I fixed it. The part that was stuck in the port was the plastic piece. What I did was I broke off the plastic piece on the new keyboard plug and it works fine. It plugged in with no problem.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
A piece of "plastic" shouldn't cause a keyboard error. In any case, I'm glad you fixed it! :tazz: