Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD 2: Alpha Bending Error

• Please log in to reply

superaison

superaison

• Pip
  • 3 posts
How do I fix this? Here is my pc specs?(BTW i got the game for christmas.)

http://h10025.www1.h...c00233082&lc=en

I really wanna play the game, is there a cheap or free way to fix this?

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
First of all you cannot play the new games that are graphically intensive with onboard graphics from intel. There is very few that could actually run the game hardly. You will need to upgrade and get a pci express 16X video card to play the game. I recommend getting a good video card because it is what makes the game look good. If you want the eye candy turned on your going to spend more.

Your pc has a 300 watt power supply so you cant get a card too fast either.

Edited by jrm20, 25 December 2005 - 12:42 PM.

superaison

superaison

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
oh, just incase here is my chipset, so i might as well sell the game and buy it for a 360? when i get it? i bet the 360 would pwn all computers known, it does too...... http://www.intel.com...910gl/index.htm

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
I would recommend buying an x800 gto video card with pci express that would fit and work in your system fine with the 300 watt stock power supply.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102602

If you dont want to spend the money on a video card then there is no way to play it on a pc.

You might be better of putting that money on a xbox 360 like you said.

The xbox 360 is a good system overall but it doesnt really own. It is overrated and it had problems on the first release of the units. Power supply/ overheating problems I believe... Hopefully they will fix it soon after the new year.

The xbox 360 doesnt own all pc's. There is insane pc's with amd dual core x2's with two nvidia 7800 gtx 512 mb cards and 3-4 gb of ram that would beat the xbox 360. Neither owns the other.

superaison

superaison

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
well what i mean is it owns all the general pc's like someone would get, not a hard core 3 gfx cars and 6 processers [bleep] like that, i mean average gaming computers.