Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I've Got TROUBLES!

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Everyone! Merry Christmas, and Happy New Years!

:tazz: I don't know if I'm asking this in the right forum, or not, but here it is > Ive got some troubles here, and I'm not too sure what to do about em. Check out the attached picture, and notice all of those little yellow "?".

Can anyone tell me why they are listed like they are? Or what I need to do to get em to go away?
I'm running Windows XP Home, with SP 2 installed, along with all updates, I think.

That one picture didn't look too good to me so I edited it, and tried to get a clearer picture, I hope it's clear enough to read.

Thanks ♥ Wendy

Edited by wendy k. walker, 25 December 2005 - 01:08 PM.

Advertisements

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I have never had those, but I think what they mean is that you have weird or unknown divices. Seeing that that is XP, you should search for drivers.

Come to think of it, I think those question marks mean that the computer doesn't know which category to put them in. (For example, they don't fit in audio, video, etc.) It made that category so it list them there. They put you at no harm.

-Stephen V.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Avast is an anti virus scanner
Have you try to uninstall this or as far as you know have you ever used or are you using avast anyi virus.
The IPOD service is for your Ipod and computer to talk to one another.
The yellow ? shows you do not have the correct drivers.
If you do not use avast or have an ipod you can remove them. If you do have them let us know and we will try and find the right drivers for you.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi STV0726, Thanks for the reply. That's kind of what I thought too.

Hi peterm, Thanks for the reply. Yes I do have Avast! I downloaded it from their site a good while back, and use it all the tine. As for the ipod thingy, shoot I've never even seen one of those things, and have no idea why that is listed, so what do I do with that one, just delete it?

Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas, and have a Happy New Year, Bye
Wendy

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
right click each and choose uninstall

download avast and reinstall

reboot.

See if any come back

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi gerryf, Thanks for the reply. OK I did that and I'm working with Avast! on that also.

I have several yellow '?' left for Fax, Lavalys EVEREST Kernel Driver, and Windows User Mode Driver Framework.

What do I do about those?
Thanks Wendy