Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GC for a max. of $175

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Can someone please tell me a good graphics card, better than a 128MB GeForce FX 5700 Ultra (currently I'm using) for about $175. What I require ? 256MB. What is the primary reason for this upgrade ? Games ! I have an Intel D875PBZ motherboard so I will require an AGP 8X graphics card. Don't give me one that is going for a deal now as I'll take about 2 - 3 weeks to decide which one I'm ready to buy.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
I would go with this one and you will have all the performance and speed you need.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102608

Its over $175 but its below $200 and very well worth it.

Hard to find a good one for 175 or below with good speed and on the agp 8X slot.

Your old card had 14.4 gb/s "gigabytes per second" with 128 mb

The new one I posted has 32 GB/s and 256mb and is over twice as fast as your old. As you can see its well worth it and really it is not much money at all.

You need one free molex connector inside of your pc to plug to the new card thats it. :tazz:

You need atleast 350 W power supply they say.

Edited by jrm20, 25 December 2005 - 03:07 PM.