Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BlueSOD Christmas...

• Please log in to reply

MitchC

MitchC

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hey,

First off, Merry Christmas to all!!

OK, this problem is bothering me alot. A couple days ago, I brought my computer home for the holidays (See specs at the bottom). From university, I drove about 4 hours via car and arrived back home. I attempted to hook everything up here but was halted by a BSOD. The computer worked fine when I left but for whatever reason I am getting a BSOD. I figured, well maybe some components came loose. So, I checked that everything was seated correctly. No dice. The stop error I am getting in the blue screen is as follows:

0x000000FC (0xBA3B88C4, 0x38745163, 0xBA3B87FC, 0x00000001)

I've searched the error and Google and found that the cause to this error for people was changing their motherboard drivers. Oddly enough, I have done nothing to my system... :tazz: I hope someone can give me some advice on what to do. Blue Screens are not my expertise.

Specs:
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Athlon 64 3700+ (San Diego Core)
Corsair TwinX XMS 1 GB PC3200 Dual-Channel DDR Kit (2 x 512 MB)
Western Digital Raptor 74.8GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA
HP LightScribe DVD±RW/CD±RW Dual-Layer Burner
3½” Floppy/7-In-1 Card Reader
BFG 6800 Ultra OC SLI PCIe 256MB
Enermax EG701AX-VE 600W
Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Case

Merry Christmas... :)

I forgot to mention that I can get the system to boot up for a few seconds. It will boot Windows and everything appears fine then I get the BSOD.

Also, I can boot into SafeMode without any problems. I've left it running in SafeMode for several hours and seems to be OK aswell.

Mitch

Edited by MitchC, 25 December 2005 - 08:02 PM.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Try going into add remove programs and unistalling the chipset drivers they could be called something like
NVIDIA nForce 4 sli or something along them lines.

Then reinstall the drivers using the motherboard cd.
This is most likely a driver problem because you can run in safe mode.

Rick

MitchC

MitchC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hey Rick,

Thank you for your fast reply. I will give this a try... I just remembered my motheboard CD is at university. Can I download the drivers with a USB flash drive for example?

Thanks again. Merry Christmas!

Mitch

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Yes you could but if your running in save mode there will be no usb drivers to read the card so uninstall in save mode then boot windows normally, the computer should then be stable enough to install the driver.

If after unistalling the NVIDA driver the bsod continues then thats not it. It could then be the Amd Cool N Quiet driver if you installed that and are using it (enabled in bios)

The Cool N Quiet driver is only needed if you are using it, if not just uninstall it. This driver has been known to cause problems in some systems.