Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD2 - The alpha blending dilemma

• Please log in to reply

rocks42

rocks42

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, i know you all have answered a lot of questions about this the last few days so i'm sorry to throw another one out there.

I just got the game today and i'm having the same alpha blending error. however, i checked the supported chipset list on the back of the box and my Radeon 9600 Pro was on there. I have a home built Athlon 64 3200 system on an Asus K8V-SE Delux board so i didn't think it was a hardware issue (but very easily could be wrong).

I tried to install stuff from ATI's website but probabily did more harm than good. I'm now at a loss of what to do. If anyone has any suggestions i'd greatly appreciate it! If you need any more specs just let me know. Happy holidays.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Hi

Check again and make shure you have the latest video card drivers from ati.

check and see if you have the latest directx should be 9.0c

Try that

rocks42

rocks42

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Installing directx and driver updates from ati fixed the problem. thanks a lot for your help! take it easy

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Lmao, your welcome rocks42.