Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Linking

• Please log in to reply

Exdeus

Exdeus

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Can anyone tell me how to transfer files between two computers linked together on a wireless network? I need to transfer about 16gb, and cd's and such will just take way too long. Both of these PC's are on a wireless network, but they are not visible to each other. I basically want to make both PC's visible so that I can transfer the files from PC A to PC B, as they are across the house and would be a pain to directly connect.

Just to add, I did make the folder I wanted on Pc A enabled for sharing. However, the PC downstairs isn't detecting anything. The one downstairs is the one hard-wired to the wireless router.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Exdeus, 25 December 2005 - 04:52 PM.

Advertisements

Exdeus

Exdeus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Scratch that folks. I just sent the entire folder through AIM and it went fast as could be. Probably as fast as it would have gone through a direct connection. Thanks anyways!