Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

*HELP ME PLEASE INSTALL FRONTPAGE XP. ERRORS!

• Please log in to reply

mandymarie

mandymarie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Everyone,
I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage.
I keep on getting this error that pops up in the middle of the installation saying: Error 25003 Microsoft office setup cannot continue because the installation source has been corrupted.

Its really getting on my nerves because I hvae been trying to install frontpage for the longest time and each time I try a brand new error comes up or it just wont let me install. :) I really need frontpage badly by 2006, does anyone know how to fix that error? or how do I install frontpage without getting any popups?

Thanks!
I really appreciate any replies.
:tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Not many versions of Office XP have Front Page, does it say it is included on the CD

mandymarie

mandymarie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, Thanks for your reply. My friend gave me the disk by itself. So I dont know. But I asked my friend for Microsoft Frontpage and he gave me this disk. When I set it up it says its Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage. So I guess thats it.

and Im screwed cause my friend went away for the holidays for a very long time.
:tazz:
Thanks, do you know why the error keeps popping up?

anybody?

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Have a read of this
25003 error

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
SYMPTOMS
When you try to install Microsoft Office XP or any Office 2002 program from a CD-ROM or network share, you may receive an error message similar to the following:
Error 25003: Microsoft Office setup cannot continue because the installation source has been corrupted.

CAUSE

This behavior may occur when either of the following conditions is true:

The CD-ROM is damaged or dirty.

The program files on the network share are corrupted, missing, or hidden.

Another program that is running on your computer is interfering with the installation of Office.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, use the following methods in the order in which the methods are presented.

Method 1: Clean the CD-ROM

To clean the CD-ROM, use a CD-ROM cleaning kit, or gently wipe the silver side of the CD-ROM with a soft, lint-free cotton cloth. Do not use paper cloth, which can scratch the plastic and leave streaks. When you clean the CD-ROM, wipe from the center of the disc outward. Do not use a circular motion.

If this does not resolve the issue, clean the CD-ROM with a damp lint-free cotton cloth. Dry the CD-ROM thoroughly before you insert it into the CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive.

Method 2: Show Hidden Files on the Network Share

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Double-click Folder Options.

3. Click the View tab.

4. Click to select the Show All Files check box.

5. Click to clear the Hide file extensions of known file types check box.

6. Click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box.

7. Click Apply, and then click OK. If this does not resolve this issue, contact your network administrator for information about how to replace the missing or corrupted files.

Method 3: Clean Boot Your Computer

Use a clean boot to restart your computer, and then see if the issue persists. A clean boot is a method to create a clean environment. When you start your computer with a clean boot, Microsoft Windows starts and loads only the basic devices and services.

To restart your computer with a clean boot, follow the steps that are appropriate to your operating system.
Windows XP

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. Type msconfig in the Open box, and then click OK.

3. Click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup.

4. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the following check boxes :

Process System.ini file

Process Win.ini file

Load Startup Items

5. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

6. Click OK, and then click Restart to restart the computer.

NOTE: To restore the computer to use a normal startup, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services on the General tab in the System Configuration Utility, click OK, and then click Restart to restart the computer.

mischelay

mischelay

• Pip
  • 1 posts
"Error 25003: Office setup cannot continue because the installation source has been corrupted" error message when you install Office XP

Hello

Here is the work around I used on the Dell Dimension Desktop 2400...

I had found a suggestion to install a previous version of Office and then Upgrade with the Office XP CD. The previous version installed just fine. But whenever I would put the Office XP CD in the drive, I would get a message from Sonic DLA telling me that the version I had could read the CD but not edit the files. I would always hit OK and try to install. After trying all the things suggested by Microsoft for this issue,(http://support.micro...kb;EN-US;324853) I thought to uninstall the Sonic DLA. That was the trick. I think it would have worked even if I had not installed the previous version of Office first. I hope this helps. I am always out on the net looking for solutions, and never thought I would be able to conjure one up on my own.

Good Luck!!!

Edited by mischelay, 29 January 2006 - 12:13 PM.