Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quicktime and iTunes problems

• Please log in to reply

goliath12343

goliath12343

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I got the error message with iTunes. After reinstalling quicktime the error message is gone but iTunes starts and immediately closes within 1 second. This also happens when I start Quicktime; opens for a second then closes. I think maybe reinstalling xp would be the best solution but that would be my last resort. Any help would be appreciated.

-Logan

Also, posted a hijack this log in the malware section.

Edited by coachwife6, 25 December 2005 - 10:08 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you get the all clear from Malware, and if the problem remains

Remove iTunes and QuickTime

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD and get a blue progress bar, reboot when the bar goes

Get the trial of Tune Up 2006 here

Tune Up 2006 Trial

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete.

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors so try installing iTunes and QuickTime

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection (without an internet connection if applicable) from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

(Skip this if you do not connect to the internet with this PC) After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

cookrd1

cookrd1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Logan - I am having the same problem. Anxious to hear what the fix is.

Bob