Installed new Liteon DVD drive 3 months back; worked perfectly right up tp Christmas Day.
- Bought new Hitachi Deckstar 3.5, 160GB for the kids as Christmas present.
- Attempted to install it as slave to Samsung.
- Followed Hitachi manual instructions, including configuring jumpers correctly as per the instruction manuals, while leaving Samsung HDD at original jumper settings
- inserted installation CD.
(1) PC loads up, completes memory check (OK), which suggests the motherboard has not been blown, BUT
(2) PC stalls at "DETECTING IDE DRIVES....".
(3) There now appears to be no power running thru the DVD drive (although 4-pin power connections are all connected) and I cannot open it to extract the installation CD without breaching the warranty. Therefore cannot install and use reboot disk.
(4) Disconnected new Hitachi Deckstar and returned PC to original setup.....
(5) Still the PC loads up , completes memory check (OK), but stalls at "DETECTING IDE DRIVES...."
PC is Time Computers, in receivership, so I have no support to phone up. Am now using borrowed PC tower to access internet. Now the kids have no Christmas present from me!
CAN ANYBODY HELP PLEASE!
Email address removed by Mod: Murray (Spammers watch these forums just in case someone is foolish enough to post their email address.. )or in the Geekstogo forum.