Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2002, don't have appropriate permissions

• Please log in to reply

jeffkunkle

jeffkunkle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
After moving the Outlook.pst file to a different profile I now get the error msg "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation" whenever I hit the send/receive button or other buttons. I tried re-installing and detect/repair to no avail.
HELP! Thanks!!!

Advertisements

jflash42

jflash42

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem and after reinstalling and trying a dozen other things, I'm still at a loss.

Thanks,

Ken

jeffkunkle

jeffkunkle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nope, I tried everything and couldn't fix it. Ended up wiping out the HHD and reinstalling Windows and MS Office. Then it worked!

jflash42

jflash42

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Bummer. Thanks for the response.

schiffamc

schiffamc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Is There one administrator who has seen this error and how to fix it without wiping out all the data? I have searched Microsoft's website, used a google search and reinstalled MS Office XP Professional all to no avail. Thanks.

schiffamc

schiffamc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz:
I think I found the problem for anyone who is running into this. Try checking the properties of the following files:

outlook.srs, outlook.dat and views.dat

These files are located in:

c:\document settings\<Username>\application data\microsoft\outlook

What most likely is the problem is that these files now say read-only and you need to change the setting. This should correct the problem.

Midnight0412

Midnight0412

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Schiffamc,

Your suggestions were spot on!!! Many thanks for saving me a lot of work and frustration!!!

Midnight0412