Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Chaintech Post Code 50 issue

• Please log in to reply

arizona wolfman

arizona wolfman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Built new pc with Chaintech SK8T800 motherboard. Will not boot, cannot get into BIOS, ctl+alt+del not work, AMD Sempron CPU recognized, freezes at "Post Code 50." I tried unplugging the USB mouse, still not working. I tried unplugging all except PCI video card and RAM, but still the same (could not even get into BIOS by pressing DEL). PC does beep when powered on, but freezes at "Post Code 50" no matter what I try. Is there some solution, or do I have a defective motherboard? :tazz:

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Post code 50 usually has something to do with usb, so disconnect all usb devices witch I think you have already tried.

Disconnect front panel usb from the motherboard if you have it installed.

What version bios do you have? the first version 1.0 did not support semperon cpu's but I doubt you have this version, still you should check.

If none of this helps remove the board from the case and see if you can get a post or enter bios with minimal components installed.

Rick

arizona wolfman

arizona wolfman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Rick, I have version 6.00 BIOS. All USB devices are unplugged. I unplugged all IDE cables (hard drives, CD-ROMS, Floppy,etc., leaving only the video card installed, cleared CMOS. I still get the same result: freezes at Post Code 50.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
What psu do you have and can you try another one? I have a feeling the board is bad but you should try another psu and different ram to be sure.

In other words if the board is out of the case all jumpers are set correctly (the online manual for your board does not give any detail on this) the 4 or 6 pin connector from the psu to the board is connected ( manual not clear on this either) in addition to the 20 pin, you have minimal components installed and can try another psu then I would say the board is bad if it still does the same thing.