Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Mayhem 2

• Please log in to reply

reynolds0889

reynolds0889

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi. I just posted a topic. I was told not to post a topic twice and the topic was closed. THe thing is, I didn't. The Malware section was uhnable to help me and directed me here. The Malware issue is now closed. At least it will be. The guys said I had no more issues. So now I'm here.

I repeat I am not posting this twice. Please don't close my topic. If I'm missing something, please explain what I'm missing.

NOW here's what I posted previously...

Hi. The laptop I am using is brand new. I received it in November. It came with a free wireless modem, but it seems that every single area in my house is a "dead spot" except for one very small, sometimes shifting, and somewhat inconvenient square-foot area. I've never tried to take it anywhere outside of my house, so I don't know if it works better in other areas.

Recently I went to the Malware section of Geeks to Go for different issues. I mentioned my problem with the wireless broadband there and here is what he wrote in response:

"Hi David, you should ask any other questions (not related to malware) in the proper forum next time. But to answer your wireless question quickly, it can be due to many reasons. Is there any interference nearby? Any walls in between? Have you tried changing the wireless channel to another one like 6 or 11? If those suggestions doesn't help, ask in the appropriate forum for more assistance. Or wait until we are done (maybe it's spyware related? who knows...)"

Now, to save some time and answer HIS questions, what kind of interference might you mean? The area that it works is near a TV, DVD player, and stereo. Every other area may or may not have interference, but I get no bars and no availible service. The opne area where it does works gets anywhere from 2 to 0 bars.

Since I'm in my house, there are walls. I don't know what the wireless channel is or where I can change them.

Thank you. The Malware section helped me out splendidly. I appreciate all of the help you guys can provide.

Regards,
David

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Posted Image

reynolds0889

reynolds0889

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Weird. I don't know how that happened. I didn't send it off twice.