Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another Call of Duty 2 problem

• Please log in to reply

Squidfish

Squidfish

• Pip
  • 4 posts
After fixing a problem getting COD 2 to install, i ran into this problem instead. When I start up COD 2 this error pops up: "~e5.0001 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." with an option to send error report or not. I'm pretty sure it isnt my graphics card, because the demo worked fine. It is a legal DVD copy that i bought in a shop and i have already tried reinstalling it.
If anyone has any idea how to fix this, please help, thanks.

Edit: Here are my System specs:

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 1024 MB
CPU Info: AMD Athlon™ XP 2000+
CPU Speed: 1650.8 MHz
Sound card: NVIDIA® nForce™ Audio
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD |
CD / DVD: E: DVDRW IDE1108 | F: IDE DVD-ROM 16X |

Edited by Squidfish, 26 December 2005 - 03:38 PM.

Advertisements

LinkmasterSon

LinkmasterSon

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello Squidfish!

I checked the system requirements for the game and you have more than enough specs to run the game. I do not know how to fix that problem but I know for sure what it is. It is part of the Game Copy Protection used in Electronic Arts. If it is combined with the Macafee virus scan it causes games to lag and sometimes not allow the game to start. The only way to get rid of the e5 process is if you uninstall the game.

Squidfish

Squidfish

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the help Linkmaster, I thought it might be something to do with copy protection. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but that doesn't seem to help, i still get the e5 error message. I dont think i have Macafee virus scan though, maybe it is conflicting with some other anti virus? I have AVG antivirus and a ZoneAlarm firewall, both of which seem to screw stuff up quite often.

Edited by Squidfish, 26 December 2005 - 09:27 PM.

LinkmasterSon

LinkmasterSon

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
No problem, I thought that you were running an illegal copy of the disc when I saw the e5 error, but you said that it is a store bought copy so I am confused why that message is coming up. I will continue to figure out the solution. You may have to call the CoD support.

Squidfish

Squidfish

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks again Link, but i got this copy form Amazon. I did have some problems getting it to run on my DVD drive. My DVD drive is also a CD rewriter, which i think scared the copy protection on the disk, so i borrowed a freinds non RW DVD drive and it installed fine. Maybe i can take my one back and get a new one, it might just be corrupted in some way.

LinkmasterSon

LinkmasterSon

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Then that would be the problem. It was more than likely corrupted. Go buy another one and it should install fine. I am glad I could help.