Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What do with the people who make malware

• Please log in to reply

coco123

coco123

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I was just wondering what fate you would give to the people who make malware. Make it as long and painful as you want or as short as wyou want :)

I think i would pour boiling oil onto them, and tehn make them roll around in a pool of iodine then have them hung drawn and quartered lol

over to you guys :tazz:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I would simply figure out a way that they could have no access to the internet ever in their lifetime. For people convicted of coding malware i would give them computers with no mouse and only the ctrl, alt, delete keys working on a keyboard.

SRX660

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah let them only have computers with windows XP with no service packs no antivirus and only a apple mac keyboard and the proper login screen instead of the welcome screen.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
AAaaannnnd ... closed.

Before things get ugly.

ScHwErV :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
AAaaannnnd ... opened

As things never got the chance to get ugly.

admin :woot:

edited: by the former admin, now byte sweeper -- devioustrap

edit #3: A byte sweeper is more powerful than an admin as he can just sweep the admin away.

edit #4 unless one of us changes root password before the other :tazz:

edit #5: not if the other does not have the root password and simply sweeped a little too hard creating plenty of backdoor entries :)

edit #6 by KAT: darnit you two, stop editing me! and stop trying to blame each other, or I'ma take BOTH of your access away and suspend you for like 24 hours or something! And don't make me switch the table seating around yet AGAIN for the staff holiday party. crap wait, that was last week. Well, ok then. PLAY NICE you two, or I'ma do something drastic, and get just a LITTLE bit upset! I mean seriously! It took me MONTHS to remember the root password, and if y'all change it now, I'll be confused again for months! And WHO would want that since I'm a BLONDE!?!? :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I can't think of anything "witty". I'd like to see them chained to a desk with a computer crippled with viruses. No anti-spyware or A/V's installed, no firewall. And they have to sit online for at least 10 hours per day, trying to do WORK...while getting inundated with popups, viruses, and everything imagineable.

oh yeah. Wouldn't be bad to see them have to run thru the middle of town at dawn with a sign saying "I THOUGHT I was a l33t h4x0r" on it

Edit #1....some day, when you least expect it DT....I WILL GET YOU! :tazz: /edit

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Well, I will put them into a torture room. With only their computer and a toilet of course, with 2 roles of toilet paper :) . Oh, yes they will have a broadband connection so that it is possible to access the internet. BUT here comes the catch the computer wont have a power plug and the room wont have any power outlets either.

This for me would be the worst, having something so precious in front of you and you CANT even use it.
At least I left them with toilet paper. :tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Just give them to me :tazz:

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
uuhhhmm ... I'd give them a computer with WIndows ME and AOL 5.0 with 56K connection ... that'll be fun.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Remember, no malware no Geeks to Go so look forward to lots of new interesting malware then,

Advertisements

akashlee

akashlee

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
:) i would give them:
a perfectly good computer as in pentuim 2....... windows me..... aol connection....
AND GIVE THEIR IP ADRESS TO EVERY GOOD HACKER THERE IS....................................
:woot:
this would drive them.. :) :tazz:

and make us :) :) :P :)

DeathOutdone

DeathOutdone

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
How about giving them a really really top of the line computer with state-of-the-art technology and then coming in and smashing it with a hammer right when they are starting it up? :tazz: :) and then saying "you are under arrest, you get to spend the rest of your life in a tiny jail cell with moldy bread and water and never will see the light of day again".

Hehe just kidding.

Edited by DeathOutdone, 03 January 2006 - 08:27 PM.

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Probably offer them a job to help virus programs(nortan, etc)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
And thats what they do when the companies catch them.

deeferdogg

deeferdogg

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Like I quoted Douglas Adams in my posting - '...I'm going to come over there and reprogramme you with a very large axe.' That'll do me. :tazz: