Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

back button problem

• Please log in to reply

linkin8r

linkin8r

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
sometimes (about half the time) i need to hit the back button on Internet Explorer twice to get back to the previous page. Any way to stop this? Thanks

jeremy Linke

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. I really believe some web site designers do this intentionally. I have been to some sites that actually disable the back button. This is a well known scam used at some web sites. I think the feel they are doing us a favor by trapping us, thinking somehow this encourages people to spend money at their site. I make it a point to never visit them again. I don't believe the problem is your browser. It is more likely the web site. Two clicks I may tolerate, but anything more is way too much for me.

Edited by austin_o, 26 December 2005 - 05:51 PM.

linkin8r

linkin8r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
ok, thanks, i have done a lot to get rid of some viruses and spyware stuff recently so i didnt know if it could be related. thanks!

jeremy linke