Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can't connect wirelessly or wired from other computers

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Ok so here is the situation. I thought it was a spyware/malware issue because I was directed here after running several programs from you all. For some reason I can no longer connect wirelessly to my router. IT happened suddenly not after any installation/significant event. I cannot connected wireless through any of my computers ( I have two desktops, and one laptop). And all but this one ( will refer to it as desktop 1) cannot connect wired either. I cant ping my router, it just gives a can't find page. I have a netgear wgr614v4 router. the address to ping it is The odd thing was I had looked at my ipconfig details and I saw this.

what ms comman prompt is showing

IP Address:
Default Gateway:

What it should be with my netgear router connected ( and it is)

DNS its usually on automatic just like the ip so cant remember its settings.
But usually each one starts with 227 and 247.

REset my router a dozen times and still nothing. I can only stay connected wired on this computer but cant go wireless. All my other computers cant go either. Havent changed anything significant and I know for sure from previous experience that when i reset router it will recognize wireless and wired and right ip regardless of any program conflict. It looks like something is ignoring the router config altogether.