Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

wildfire6299

wildfire6299

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

When my mom tries to open IE it says an unexpected error has occurred. The system info error log says "faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, fualting module webband.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0000b70d.

She has windows xp and she is up to date with service pack 2 and is current with an anti virus. She has verizon dsl.

Please help!!
:tazz:

Thanks for your help

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide. Also see this post.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
i dont know about that hijack guide thingie, but that just sounds like internet explorer needs to be reinstalled

as far as that hijack thing is looking for im assuming you can just get http://www.microsoft.com/spyware and get the anti spyware beta

i wouldnt think its spyware that would cause that kind of fault in IE, but you never know these days. but ill tell you now you would just be refered to your comp vendor for the IE issue since the dsl wouldnt affect that