Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yet another CoD2 installation problem

• Please log in to reply

gimhalos

gimhalos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've tried to find another post like this one to avoid posting yet ANOTHER thread... but I haven't found a problem quite like this one... The installer crashes my computer at the end of the second disk, music goes into a one second loop, cursor freezes, have to restart, no error box... I've tried:

Freeing RAM
Putting CD drive into PIO setting, and alternate DMS settings
Holding left shift down while changing disks to suppress splash screens, or unsuppress... something like that...
Using a different drive
Reinstalling Installshield

Nothing seems to work.... my system specs:

AMD Athlon 2.0 Ghz
Visiontek Xtasy 9500 256 MB 400 core clock (I think it's a 9500... somewhere in there...)
768 MB of RAM (333 DDR)
Running XP with SP1
Running a couple offbrand CD rom drives... never had a problem with them tho..

I had the same problem with Quake 4 a couple days ago, got that to work though, so it's not the same problem, but they both use the same installation... I think...

I think my specs should at least make the INSTALLATION go through... and I haven't heard of a conflict between SP1 and the installshield, only SP2.... but there are my specs if you need them...

I have Yahoo messenger and AIM if someone wants to talk shorter and faster than forum posts....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Great forums BTW

Edited by gimhalos, 26 December 2005 - 06:15 PM.

Advertisements

angel-in-war

angel-in-war

• Pip
  • 3 posts
check of regedit