Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

having some problems please help!

• Please log in to reply

tugsta

tugsta

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, a friend of mine gave this site and said i could count on some good help.I am not to hip with pc,but no enough to get by for the most part.So i had an old version of norton on pc and a window has been popping up for a while saying that the norton system disabled all by itself.When this happenes i would right click on the samll icon in lower left and enable it.Since this has been happening i guess stuff has been going down hill for pc.Now for some reason when i put a cd in the drive nothing happens.The main reason i am trying to use the drive is becuase i purchased norton 2006.Hopeing it would solve some problems.Also when right clicking on things like my computer and such the options are slow to appear and sometimes freeze.Also when trying to open it,it will search for a miniute or two then finally open wich has never hapened before.The internet seems fine on pc,but all this other stuff is screwed.I also run ad-aware from time to time wich never takes more than a few miniutes to complete it's scan,but now takes about 15 miniutes,and doesnt help any.Also since i couldnt intall the new Norton,i downloaded a free version of avast,and did a startup scan wich found 15 infected files and fixed.I hoped that solved the prblem but it didnt.I used the Avast a few years ago and it worked wonders,but i guesss not for what i have wrong with pc now=(.So when i put disk in nothing hapens and i cant find it in my computer c-drive either.I hope someone has some answers for me,as to what i can do.Or if more info is needed i will reply asap as i will check my thread continuosly.Thanks Alot!

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
You probably have a lot of malware still on your computer. Go HERE and follow all the recommendations and directions. Then create a post in the Malware Forum if you need more help.

tugsta

tugsta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey thanks for your response.I downloaded the adia program,but to tell you the truth i have no idea what info you need from it.It's all mumbo jumbo to me :tazz: I had a friend biuld it,who i cant get ahold of.I no it has a AMD Athlon ™ xp 2100+ for cpu and i think the motherboard is a ECS K7S5A?got like 512 ram.Am i getting anywhere with the info you requested?

tugsta

tugsta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Also i have done the ad-aware scan and spy-bot,and also ran avast scan,so i am wondering where i should start on the thread you told me to go to?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the idea was to go through that checklist and post a hijackthis log in the MALWARE forum, then return here if the problem persists.

tugsta

tugsta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Also i am not having problems logging onto the internet!