Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black and white

• Please log in to reply

qwer

qwer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
whenever i try to open Black and White the logo screen appears then it goes away and Black and white stops opening so i cant play it

i have tried to uninstall it the reinstall it several times but i just keep getting the same thing over and over
It was working just fine yesterday

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Advertisements

LinkmasterSon

LinkmasterSon

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello qwer!

Black and White will not run on WindowsXP without downloading the patch. So, go to this site download and install the Black and White patch v1.2. http://www.planetbla...iles/essential/. This should make the game run smoothly if not you will have to set the game to Win98 compatability mode. To do this right-click on the runblack.exe and click the compatibility tab at the top and change it to Win98. Hope this works for you qwer.

qwer

qwer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i have tried all that but nothing seems to work

LinkmasterSon

LinkmasterSon

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well, Lionhead studios has had a lot of trouble with users trying to play B&W on XP. The patch works for a lot of people, but it doesn't always work. The last thing I can tell you is to go to that same site and download the v1.3 patch. Then follow those same steps and set the compatibility to Win2000. If that doesn't work, then you may need to just go and buy B&W2 which I know for sure works for XP. Hope this works.

qwer

qwer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
should i try the patch even though i have Microsoft Me ?

LinkmasterSon

LinkmasterSon

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yeah, They have had trouble with XP and ME. If that does not work then you won't be able to play the game. I would suggest getting B&W2, it is a better game in my opinion. But hope this works for you.

Caljif

Caljif

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
wont run without using the patch??? mine did i didnt download anything.
i found that once u had opened the game the mini background thing appeared and on the task bar 2 black and white programs were running one was for the background if i clicked on the other black and white ran.