Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DirectSound test results: there is no sound pleez help

• Please log in to reply

ahellokitty5

ahellokitty5

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My speakers still are not working.
DirectSound test results: Failure at step 3 (DirectSoundCreate): HRESULT = 0x8878000a (The request failed because DirectSound resources, such as the priority level, were already in use by another caller.)
Here's the problems that I've came across.
* In the Device Manager, under "Other Devices" there are 3 different things with a yellow question mark next to them. They are Multimedia Audio Controller, Ethernet Controller, & SM Bus Controller.
* Ever since my speakers stopped working, they've always had those yellow question marks.
* When I go to Properties, it says, "The drivers for this device are not installed [Code 28]."
* I hear no system sounds, nor can I play CD's or songs on my computer.

It's been like this for about a month now. I'm not sure exactly what to do, but PLEASE try to give me basic information because I am definately not an expert and I can't be sitting here trying to figure out what you're trying to say.

This is an emergency because I can't hear when people IM me when I'm in the other room and there is a serious issue going on within my family. And the internet is the only ways that we can communicate because I do not have long distance on my phone.

Thanks, all, and I appriciate it!

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Give this a shot:

http://www.5starsupp...q/sound.htm#1-6

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Please do not create multiple post! Please stay with your original post until it's resolved...
http://www.geekstogo...und-t86976.html